Permanent, full time, term time only (37 hours a week x 39 working weeks plus 5 weeks paid leave including statutory days). Subject to satisfactory completion of probation period.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Vice Principal Primary/Secondary
- To work with teachers and other pupil support staff to support the learning of pupils (primary and/or secondary) on an individual and small group basis.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- To support individual pupils / small groups of pupils to be able to undertake successfully learning activities in and out of the classroom.
- To support the ability of pupils to develop independent learning skills and improve their literacy and numeracy.
- To promote positive behaviours amongst pupils in line with the Academy’s ethos, vision and core values, and encourage them to exercise their own self-discipline.
- To support the use of ICT in learning and help develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
- To participate in the planning and evaluation of learning activities with teachers and senior / higher level pupil support staff colleagues and provide feedback on pupil progress and behaviour.
- To help contribute to the assessment target setting, monitoring and review of pupils and their Personal Learning Plans (PLPs).
- To participate in the Academy’s Performance Management process and in training and development opportunities.
- English and Maths to G.C.S.E. Level 2 standard essential.
- Previous experience of a Teaching Assistant type role in a primary, secondary, special school or Alternative Provision setting is desirable.
This job description is subject to regular review and formal annual review in order to best meet the needs of the Academy as it develops.
If you feel you have the desired qualities and are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
Don’t forget TLTP’s Refer and Earn scheme. For every person you recommend that we place and meets our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.