Special Needs Teaching Assitants required for a group of PMLD/SLD/ASD children.
The School caters for 5-19 year olds, a College for 18-25 year olds (supported by a Domiciliary Care Agency) and a Residential Care Home with Nursing. We provide education, care and medical support for people of all ages who have epilepsy and other complex needs.
To develop the academic capabilities, social and communication skills and understanding of pupils, focusing on successful and purposeful learning. To lead the class team by example and direction, ensuring the highest quality of education and care for every pupil.
- To be proactive in safeguarding children
- To meet the requirements of the National Teaching Standards
- To develop and implement schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the requirements of the National Curriculum
- To ensure that schemes of work contain practical, interesting and contextual opportunities to learn
- To organise the learning environment and develop resources in order to facilitate learning
- To establish positive relationships with pupils and to develop close, professional relationships with parents/carers
- To use assessment tools effectively and according to school deadlines, to record pupil progress
- To foster enthusiasm for learning
- To ensure that pupils are challenged in their learning and aim to achieve their full potential
- To share responsibility for the well being, safety and behaviour management of pupils in line with the school’s policies
- To demonstrate excellent practice and work collaboratively and supportively with colleagues
- To work in partnership with all stakeholders
- To strive to meet the needs of the pupils
- To develop knowledge of teaching pupils with ASD and Aspergers Syndrome in line with developments and best practice and to share this with colleagues
- To keep accurate records in line with school policies
- To develop and maintain good communication with all stakeholders
- To maintain confidentiality
- To maintain a healthy work/life balance
- To participate in performance management
- To attend staff meetings as required
- To follow school and Group policies
- To implement the school’s policies regarding behaviour management and positive handling
If you feel you have the desired qualities and are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
Don’t forget TLTP’s Refer and Earn scheme. For every person you recommend that we place and meets our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.