| Post Title: |
| Learning Support Worker |
| Hours: |
| 8.45 - 4pm, Mon - Thurs; 8.45 - 3.45pm Fri (36 hours) |
| Salary: |
| £15,200 - £16,800 |
| Reports to: |
| Learning Support Manager |
To provide excellent levels of support and guidance to learners with severe, complex and profound learning difficulties during their college day. To enable learners to participate fully in college life by facilitating learning activities, preparing and utilising resources and enabling social inclusion. Job objectives Supporting Teaching and Learning:
- Support learners throughout the college day in both curricula and extra-curricular activities in collaboration with other staff.
- Cater for specific additional needs of the learner, including assisting with personal hygiene tasks, hoisting and positioning, PEG feeding, eating and drinking, administering medication and monitoring general well-being amongst other tasks.
- Contribute towards a high-quality learning environment by thoughtful presentation of learners’ work, creation of classroom displays and maintaining equipment and resources to a good standard.
- Cooperate with other professionals visiting the college and / or working with learners, such as Therapists, Agency teachers, Social Workers or other agencies.
- Assist the classroom lecturer in delivering planned programmes of learning for individuals, small groups and classes, as directed by the classroom lecturer.
- Assist the classroom lecturer in observing and recording progress made by learners, in line with the College's systems for recording progress; or for any other purpose set out to benefit the learner (e.g. behavior monitoring).
- Assist learners in using adaptive equipment / aids required to enable them to participate in college life more fully and where necessary, attend training to be able to operate adaptive equipment effectively.
- Attend staff meetings and liaise with other professionals as required or reasonably requested.
- Contribute to the internal quality assurance procedures of the College, including moderation, course reviews and self-assessment as required.
- To identify and undertake any training and professional development relevant to the efficient delivery of any of the above duties, and to share excellent practice with other staff.
- Participate in administrative and organisational tasks related to such duties as are described above.
- Contributing to the selection for appointment and professional development of other support staff, which may include supporting the induction and assessment of new and probationary support workers, students or volunteers.
- To carry out his/her duties and responsibilities at all times with due regard to the College's Equality and Diversity, Health & Safety, and Safeguarding Policies.
- Undertake any other such duties as might reasonably be requested.
If you feel you have the desired qualities and are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
We offer a £130 referral bonus for every person you recommend whom we go onto place into employment and meets our terms and conditions. If you know anyone looking for a teaching role now or in the future please send us their name, email address and contact number to email@example.com or call 020 8709 6540.
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.