Secondary Teaching Assistants required for various schools across London and the Home Counties. Daily supply, short and long term and permanent roles available. Competitive rates of pay and a dedicated recruitment consultant from an established recruitment consultancy.
Teaching assistants support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom. In secondary schools, teaching assistants are often known as learning support assistants. Secondary schools teach national curriculum subjects to pupils aged 11 to 18. The role would suit someone who is highly organised, keen, self-motivated and has a passion in making a difference to children. It involves supporting the teacher by taking on tasks that allow the teacher to concentrate on teaching.
Typical duties include:
- Deliver tailored teaching activities to pupils on either a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- Make sure that the pupils that you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity
- Support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues as necessary
- Manage challenging pupil behaviour
- Guide and monitor pupil progress
- Carry out administrative duties such as lesson planning and preparing classroom resources
- Provide support outside of your normal classes, such as helping during exams, covering TA absences or going on school trips
- Help with extracurricular activity such as breakfast and after-school clubs, homework club, revision sessions or lunch-time duties
- Co-ordinate specific areas of teaching support once you have the right level of experience
- Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- A secondary teaching assistant must keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, methods and national objectives.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 of the National Curriculum with at least 6 months to 1 years’ experience in a classroom environment. You will also need to have the following:
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong track record of raising levels of achievement and motivation
- Ability to build strong relationships with children and parents
- Support pupils to make progress through providing personalised experiences
- Establish a safe and purposeful working atmosphere that supports learning and in which students feel secure and confident
- Ability to plan for progression in learning, using intervention as necessary.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be passionate and energetic
- A commitment to working collaboratively within the faculty
- NQTs are welcome to apply
- A valid DBS
- The right to work in the UK
- A minimum of two references
In return you will receive:
- A dedicated and experienced recruitment consultant
- Excellent rates of pay
- A range of positions covering day to day supply, short and long term roles
- Managed payroll system
- Weekly pay
- On-going support and training and development opportunities
If you are interested in a Secondary Teaching Assistant role and feel you are suitable please click apply or for more details call 020 8709 6540. Please check our website on a daily basis or sign up to our job alerts as we have new positions arising each week. We cover a wide area that includes all of London and the surrounding Home Counties; right through from Hayes, Wandsworth, Brent, Barnet, Redbridge, Barking, Dagenham, Havering, through to Thurrock, Bexleyheath, Bromley, Dartford and Kent.
Do not forget TLTP’s Refer and Earn scheme. For every person you recommend that we place and meets our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our services.