London Teaching Pool are currently recruiting for a specialist SEN KS4 Leader to work with children who have challenging behaviour. The children are of secondary age from 11-19 years. The school aims to provide support to these children by providing high quality teachers and support staff to see them through their development. The school allows students to re-engage with learning and gain a range of recognised national qualifications. Students are challenged to focus on their future, building the skills they need to achieve realistic targets for a post 16 placements. A small number of Year 10 students may be able to return to a mainstream school, but for the most their next step will be a college course, apprenticeship or employment.
The school is looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and compassionate teachers to come on board and join their hard working team.
- You will need to have previous experience of working within SEN (ideally within EBD or a PRU).
- You will be required to be committed to the development of both yourself and the pupils in your class.
- You must be able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning alongside a multi-disciplinary classroom team.
- You will need experience of taking the lead in your subject area and have clear ideas of how to achieve exceptional progress for students.
- You will require the ability to ensure that your pupils fulfil their potential and that you are ambitious in your expectations of them.
- You are required to possess the elements of a calm demeanour to be able to maintain a sense of humour under pressure
- You must understand and be committed to safeguarding children.
The schools offers:
- A committed and enthusiastic staff and governors
- Quality professional development
- An exciting opportunity to shape the future of our school and to set the culture for achievement and progress for all of our pupils
- Purposeful, happy and supportive environment with learning for all at its centre.
This an excellent opportunity to secure a long term position with the option to go permanent after the first term.
Apply ASAP for immediate interview!
The pay rate on a daily basis is between £140 - £180 (Dependant on experience and references)
Your application will be passed onto the client and if we do not contact you directly, your application was unsuccessful