- The School in South East London provides a blended academic and therapeutic education for complex, challenging, emotionally vulnerable and self-excluding children. The school has recently appointed a new leadership team and is rapidly developing new approaches and opportunities to support our young people.
We seek an experienced, qualified, motivated and creative person to develop the role of SENCO
This role has significant leadership responsibilities and, upon appointment, will see the successful candidate becoming a full member of the leadership team. A small amount of teaching responsibility will be retained.Ideal candidates will:
- have excellent leadership, people and management skills
- have experience of identifying, evaluating and providing effective strategies for pupils with SEN
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
The school has:
- Strategic direction of all work related to the SEN provision for students
- Attending meetings and liaising with external agencies
- Monitoring the quality of SEN support and provision within the school
- Contributing objectives to the school improvement process
- Keeping up to date with local and national initiatives and advising the leadership team of any implications
- Lead and develop training required to enable staff to meet provision objectives
The pupils are:
- A clear and shared vision
- Strong supportive leadership
- An innovative and creative approach
- A first class and highly motivated staff team
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A focus on raising and maintaining standards and opportunities for all our pupils
Inspirational, complex, challenging, hungry to learn and brilliant!
If you feel you have the desired qualities and are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
Do not forget TLTP’s Refer and Earn scheme. For every person you recommend that we place and meets our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.