The London Teach Pool LTD is currently seeking a Head Teacher for a specialist SEN school in the South East London area.
The school is a well-established and successful 11-19 Pupil Referral Unit based in South London. The College challenges existing orthodoxies in terms of the education of students excluded from school. They work within a context of social justice and an ethos of empowerment. Their focus is on learning and not behaviour.
Our client is seeking to appoint a visionary leader committed to working with young people who have become alienated from mainstream schooling and conventional models of teaching and learning. The vacancy arises from the retirement of their current Head Teacher following 15 years of outstanding leadership.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record in Secondary education and the commitment and resilience to work constructively with challenging young people.
- A real belief in inclusively and that all of their young people can be supported to be successful.
- A passion for education and improving the life chances of our students.
- An innovative approach to the curriculum to ensure the engagement of their students.
- The strategic vision to develop and build on the existing success of the College and diversity of their work.
The school offers:
- A restorative organisation committed to social justice.
- A powerful and positive ethos, with high expectations for their students.
- A focus on Student Voice and the empowerment of their students.
-A creative and well-resourced curriculum, which prepares students for reintegration at KS3, and for appropriate progression routes at KS4 and KS5.
- Effective external links, giving their students access to a wide range of experiences beyond the College.
- A recent Ofsted rating of Good.
- A Management Committee and staff team with a genuine commitment to giving excluded students the power and optimism to transform their future.
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.