TLTP are looking for an experienced Design technology Teacher to for a specialist SEN school which cares for children who have significant social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, due to suffering severe neglect and trauma in the early stages of life. The school also provides residential care for up to fifty children and young people aged 5 to 18 in comfortable homes with an assessment centre, on-site school, vocational learning centre and therapy service.
The school are looking for someone that has the ability to plan, prepare and deliver stimulating and focused lessons that keep pupils engaged in classwork and academically advancing. The school will accept a candidate who has experience within the industry, QTS is NOT essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic teacher who is passionate about providing young people with the best possible education whatever their background or ability. This is a long term, full time position starting ASAP. The role will last until August 2017 with it going permanent for the right candidate.
- You will need to have previous experience of working within SEN (ideally with SEBD).
- You will be required to be committed to the development of both yourself and the pupils in your class.
- You must be able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning alongside a multi-disciplinary classroom team.
- You will need experience of taking the lead in your subject area and have clear ideas of how to achieve exceptional progress for students.
- You will require the ability to ensure that your pupils fulfil their potential and that you are ambitious in your expectations of them.
- You are required to possess the elements of a calm demeanour to be able to maintain a sense of humour under pressure
- You must understand and be committed to safeguarding children.
The schools offers:
- A committed and enthusiastic staff and governors
- Quality professional development
- An exciting opportunity to shape the future of our school and to set the culture for achievement and progress for all of our pupils
- Purposeful, happy and supportive environment with learning for all at its centre.
- Highly extensive training
If this sounds like the kind of environment you would enjoy teaching in, you are a newly qualified or experienced DT teacher or have experience within the industry and you are looking for a new challenge and are available immediately then TLTP would love to hear from you.
If you feel you have the desired qualities and are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
Do not forget TLTP’s Refer and Earn scheme. For every person you recommend that we place and meets our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.