London Teaching Pool are currently recruiting for a specialist SEN Behaviour mentor to work with children and young people who have severe emotional and behavioural difficulties (SEBD) at a specialist school in the LEA of Newham.
The position will be to start at the end of November with interviews taking place immediately. The role will be to work on a 1:1 basis and in small groups with Primary and Secondary age pupils within an Alternative Provision/Pupil Referral Unit (AP/PRU). These young people all have challenging behaviours and have been excluded from mainstream education.
Excellent behaviour management skills are essential and Team Teach/MAPA training would be advantageous.
You will need:
- Strong track record of raising levels of achievement and motivation
- Need to have a BIG personality
- Must be up for a challenge
- SEBD/SEMH experience
- Be able to lead and influence
- A valid DBS on update service
- The right to work in the UK
- A minimum of two references
In return you will receive:
- A dedicated and experienced recruitment consultant
- Excellent and competitive rates of pay
- A range of positions covering day to day supply, short and long term roles
- Managed payroll system
- Weekly pay
- On-going support and training and development opportunities
Do not forget TLTP’s Refer and Earn scheme. For every person you recommend that we place and meets our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.