TLTP are currently working with a Secondary School based in Berkshire who are look for Teaching Assistants to join them on a long term basis to start as soon as possible. You will be joining a brand new state of the art School.
You will need to have experience in a similar role and be able to deliver this role effectively. Duties include:
- Make sure that the pupils that you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the school day
- Support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues as necessary
- Manage challenging pupil behaviour
- Guide and monitor pupil progress
- Carry out administrative duties such as lesson planning and preparing classroom resources
- Provide support outside of your normal classes, such as helping during exams, covering TA absences or going on school trips
- A secondary teaching assistant must keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, methods and national objectives.
Qualifications / Experience
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Support pupils to make progress through providing personalised experiences
- Establish a safe and purposeful working atmosphere that supports learning and in which students feel secure and confident
- Ability to plan for progression in learning, using intervention as necessary
- Be passionate and energetic
- A valid DBS
- The right to work in the UK
- A minimum of two references
If you feel you have the desired qualities and are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
For every person recommended to us that we go on to place into employment TLTP offer a £130 referral bonus. Please send us their name, email address and contact number.
TLTP has over 11 years' experience in Education recruitment. We work with Primary and Secondary schools as well as mainstream and non-mainstream SEN settings across London and the Home Counties. We recruit for teachers, support staff, management roles and non-teaching roles. This means you can count on us to help find you a rewarding career that is right for you.
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.