This is an outstanding opportunity to join a large mixed secondary school that caters to students between the ages of 11-19 and is academically successful.
The school offer a friendly, dynamic and creative learning environment for both their staff and students and there last Ofsted Report received an outstanding.
The History department at the school has obtained a high percentage of A* - C's in both their GCSE's and A Levels and are looking for a strong, well established History Teacher that can come in and help maintain the high achieving
To be considered for the role of History Teacher, you must have/be;
- PGCE, GTP, SCITT (teacher training certificate).
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Able to teach History to Key Stage 4.
- Secondary teaching experience
- Strong behaviour management.
- Prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
- Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards
- Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations
- Manage pupil behavior in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
- Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers
- Supervise and support the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers (NQTs)
- Participate in and organize extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events
- Undergo regular observations and participate in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
Do not forget TLTP's Refer and Earn scheme. For every person you recommend that we place and meet our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply