Science Teacher - Surrey - April start - Temp to Perm
My client is looking for an exceptional candidate to join their Science department where you will be supported and developed to ensure that you deliver inspirational and innovative teaching on a daily basis. NQTs are welcomed as the team works collaboratively to share good practice and to improve teaching and learning across the department.
The person we are seeking will:-
- Be passionate about Science.
- Be an innovative and inspiring classroom teacher.
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the skills in their specialist subject to enable them to teach it confidently and accurately.
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of Science and be confident in its use as a teaching and learning resource for both pupils and teachers.
- This post would be suitable for either an experienced teacher or an NQT or someone wishing to take on extra responsibility.
- Prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
- Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards
- Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations
- Manage pupil behavior in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
- Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers
- Supervise and support the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers (NQTs)
- Participate in and organize extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events
- Undergo regular observations and participate in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
The ideal candidate wills knowledge of Key stage 3 to 4 curriculum with at least 1 years’ experience in a classroom environment. You will also need to have the following:
- Qualified teacher Status (QTS) or a UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
- Strong track record of raising levels of achievement and motivation
- Ability to build strong relationships with children and parents
- Support pupils to make progress through providing personalised experiences
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be passionate and energetic
- NQT’s are welcome to apply
- A valid DBS
Do not forget TLTP's Refer and Earn scheme. For every person you recommend that we place and meet our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply