I am currently working with a ‘Good’ secondary school based in Enfield that are recruiting for a Head of MFL to join them permanently from September 2018.
You will need to have knowledge of the UK national curriculum and be able to deliver this role effectively. Duties include:
Qualifications / Experience
- line manage teaching staff effectively and deploy teaching and support staff, in their subject area
- take part in the appointment process for new members of the subject area ensure that there is a programme of support and guidance for any new members of the subject area with particular provision for NQTs, Graduate Trainees, Unqualified teachers or student teachers
- Preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils progress and development
- Researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to- date subject knowledge, devising and writing new curriculum materials
- Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards
- Preparing pupils for qualifications and external examinations
- Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
- Liaising with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers
- Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- You should have a Modern Foreign Languages related degree with a PGCE / QTS Qualification
- You should be aware of the curriculum and be able to deliver it effectively
- You should be creative, passionate and dedicated to supporting the learning and development of all the pupils in the class
- This role is suitable for an experienced teacher
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
If you feel you have the desired qualities and are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
For every person recommended to us that we go on to place into employment TLTP offer a £130 referral bonus. Please send us their name, email address and contact number.
TLTP has over 11 years' experience in Education recruitment. We work with Primary and Secondary schools as well as mainstream and non-mainstream SEN settings across London and the Home Counties. We recruit for teachers, support staff, management roles and non-teaching roles. This means you can count on us to help find you a rewarding career that is right for you.
TLTP Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our services.