I am working with a secondary school and sixth form based in Northampton who is looking for a Maths teacher to join them in September on a permanent basis. This role is suitable for an experienced Mathematics teacher or a newly qualified Maths Teacher. The Academy is ideally looking for a teacher with experience teaching maths up to GCSE and A Level.
The successful Maths teacher will benefit from joining a growing academies trust that offer a very lucrative benefits package that include a generous salary and automatic access to a pension scheme that is amongst the best in the sector. They also offer benefits including a bike to work scheme, eye care, child care vouchers and a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
To be considered for this role as a Maths teacher you will need to have knowledge of the UK national curriculum and be able to deliver this role effectively. Duties include:
Qualifications / Experience
- Preparing and delivering maths lesson lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils progress and development throughout KS3, 4 & 5
- Researching new topic areas within the mathematics department, maintaining up-to- date subject knowledge, devising and writing new curriculum materials
- Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards
- Preparing pupils for qualifications and external examinations
- Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in meetings within the maths department, parents' evenings and whole school training events
- Liaising with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers
- Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- You should have a Maths related degree with a PGCE / QTS Qualification
- You should be aware of the curriculum and be able to deliver it effectively
- You should be creative, passionate and dedicated to supporting the learning and development of all the pupils in the class
- This role is suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
If you feel you have the desired qualities and are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
For every person recommended to us that we go on to place into employment TLTP offer a £130 referral bonus. Please send us their name, email address and contact number.
TLTP has over 11 years' experience in Education recruitment. We work with Primary and Secondary schools as well as mainstream and non-mainstream SEN settings across London and the Home Counties. We recruit for teachers, support staff, management roles and non-teaching roles. This means you can count on us to help find you a rewarding career that is right for you.
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.