TLTP are currently working with a secondary school with a sixth form, based in Greenwich that is seeking a number of Graduate Teaching Assistants to join them both immediately and for September. The successful Graduate Teaching Assistants will be adaptable and dedicated who are looking to further their experience within a school environment as a teaching assistant.
My client is ideally looking for graduate teaching assistants that have the motivation to build a career within the education sector; this role is suitable for graduates that are looking to build experience within the education sector before applying for their PGCE/SCITT.
To be successful as a graduate teaching assistant you will need to have knowledge of the UK national curriculum and be able to deliver this role effectively. Duties include:
Qualifications / Experience for a Graduate Teaching Assistant
- The graduate teaching assistant will be working closely with students of different age ranges and abilities to help with their progress
- The graduate teaching assistant will be managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- You will have a strong understanding of different learning needs and be able to provide support to students that need it
- As a graduate teaching assistant you will be able to build strong relationships with students and colleagues as you will be working closely with different departments within the school
- As a graduate teaching assistant, you will be liaising with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers
- You will be required to undergo regular training to help you on your way to becoming a successful graduate teach
- You should have a 2:1 or above
- You should have a strong knowledge of the UK national curriculum
- You should be creative, passionate and dedicated to supporting the learning and development of all the pupils within the school
- This role is suitable for a recent graduate looking for a role as a teaching assistant
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
If you feel you have the desired qualities to become a successful graduate teaching assistant and you are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
For every person recommended to us that we go on to place into employment TLTP offer a £130 referral bonus. Please send us their name, email address and contact number.
London Teaching Pool provide teachers, support and management staff with access to the latest and most sought-after jobs in education. The wealth of experience our recruiters possess enables them to deliver a truly consultative approach, to both candidates and employers. We are proud to hold the REC Audited Award, the gold standard in education.
TLTP Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our services.