Special needs Teacher needed
TLTP is working with the London Borough of Newham to recruit qualified special needs Teachers and also mainstream Teachers with a keen interest to become a special needs Teacher.
TLTP are recruiting for a Special Needs Teacher for a PMLD group from September 2018 in East London - Newham. This role will be working with secondary/post 16 students with special needs.
Hours: Monday to Friday - full time special needs teacher for a PMLD group from September 2018
The School caters for 5-19 year olds. They provide special needs education, care and medical support for people of all ages who have epilepsy and other complex needs.
Job Purpose: To develop the academic capabilities, social and communication skills and understanding of pupils, focusing on successful and purposeful learning. To lead the class team by example and direction, ensuring the highest quality of education and care for every pupil.
- Special needs Teacher must hold QTS
- To be proactive in safeguarding children
- Special needs teachers must meet the requirements of the National Teaching Standards
- To develop and implement schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the requirements of the National Curriculum
- To ensure that schemes of work contain practical, interesting and contextual opportunities to learn
- To organise the learning environment and develop resources in order to facilitate learning
- To establish positive relationships with pupils and to develop close, professional relationships with parents/carers
- To use assessment tools effectively and according to school deadlines, to record pupil progress
- Special needs Teacher must foster enthusiasm for learning
- To ensure that pupils are challenged in their learning and aim to achieve their full potential
- To share responsibility for the well being, safety and behaviour management of pupils in line with the school’s policies
- Special needs Teacher must demonstrate excellent practice and work collaboratively and supportively with colleagues
- To work in partnership with all stakeholders
- To strive to meet the needs of the pupils
- To develop knowledge of special needs teaching with ASD and Aspergers Syndrome in line with developments and best practice and to share this with colleagues
- To keep accurate records in line with school policies
- To develop and maintain good communication with all stakeholders
- To maintain confidentiality
- To maintain a healthy work/life balance
- To participate in performance management
- To attend staff meetings as required
- To follow school and Group policies
- To implement the school’s policies regarding behaviour management and positive handling
To join the TLTP community and be successful in these Special needs Teacher roles:
• Special needs Teachers must hold UK QTS.
• Special needs Teachers must have excelled in recent placements and be able to provide positive, valid references
• Special needs Teachers must possess the ability to build and develop professional relationships with both school staff and pupils
All positions are offered on a permanent basis at Main or Upper Pay Scale once a period of timesheets has been completed.
If you feel you have the desired qualities and are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
Don`t forget TLTP`s Refer and Earn scheme. For every Primary Teacher you recommend that we place who meets our terms and conditions, you will receive a referral bonus of £130! (Subject to statutory deductions)
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.