Special Needs Teacher
London Teaching Pool are currently recruiting for a Special Needs Teacher to work with primary aged children - KS2 in this Special Needs, SEMH (social, emotional mental health) school in Orpington – BR6. This role will be to start ASAP as this SEN school need a Special Needs Teacher urgently to teach the KS2 curriculum to primary children with SEMH.
This Special Needs Teacher position will be to start ASAP!
The role will be to teach the UK Primary National Curriculum to SEMH children who have been struggling in a mainstream environment. There will be 2 support workers in the class with you and there are only 6-8 children in the class. You must have taught the KS2 curriculum – this can be either a Special Needs school or mainstream primary school.
All of the primary SEMH students at this Special Needs School arrive with a statement of SEN known as an Education Care Plan. Because the SEMH students have often missed education as a result of their behaviour (SEMH) or because of specific learning difficulties, they frequently arrive at this Special Needs School with comparatively low levels of prior attainment.
To be a successful Special Needs Teacher at this SEN school you must have excellent behaviour/class management skills, knowledge of how to teach children/young people with SEMH or have relevant experience as an SEN Teacher working with SEMH pupils; preferably primary age.
Excellent behaviour management skills are essential and Team Teach training would be desirable in this Special Needs Teacher role.
- The successful Special Needs Teacher must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or QTLS
- To be a successful Special Needs Teacher in this SEMH School you must have excellent behaviour management skills
- Be able to build positive relationships with young people and staff
- Team Teach or similar restraint training certificate
- Good knowledge/experience working with children with SEMH within an SEN environment
- Be able to teach KS2 curriculum as a special needs teacher
- Be able to work well as a team
- To be a successful Special Needs Teacher you must have a big personality!
- A valid DBS (preferably on update service)
- The right to work in the UK
- A minimum of two references
Do not forget TLTP’s Refer and Earn scheme. For every Special Needs Teacher or Special Needs Teaching Assistant you recommend that we place and meets our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.