Special Needs Teacher
London Teaching Pool are currently recruiting for a Special Needs Teacher to teach Art at KS3 and 4 in this Special Needs, SEMH (social, emotional mental health) and SEBD (Social, Emotional Behaviour Difficulties) PRU (Pupil Referral Unit) in Eltham, SE9. This role will be to start ASAP as this PRU (Pupil Referral Unit) need a Special Needs Teacher to teach art until the end of the academic year with the aim of the successful Special Needs Teacher to become permanent.
All of the SEMH/SEBD students at this Special Needs School arrive with a statement of SEN known as an Education Care Plan. This PRU is a complex organisation, split over three different sites, that provides personalised education and support to a wide range of SEMH/SEBD students who for a variety of reasons are not accessing mainstream education.
This Special Needs Teacher position will be to start ASAP! Must have experience teaching Art to GCSE standard.
The role will be to teach Art to GCSE standard young people who have been excluded from mainstream school. There will be support workers in the class with you and there are only 6-8 children in the class. You must have taught the Art GCSE curriculum – this can be a Special Needs school, PRU or mainstream secondary school.
To be a successful Special Needs Teacher at this SEN school you must have excellent behaviour/class management skills, knowledge of how to teach children/young people with SEMH or have relevant experience as an SEN Teacher working with SEMH pupils; preferably primary age.
Excellent behaviour management skills are essential and Team Teach training would be desirable in this Special Needs Teacher role.
- The successful Special Needs Teacher must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or QTLS
- Be able to teach Art to GCSE (KS4) as a Special Needs Teacher
- To be a successful Special Needs Teacher in this SEMH School you must have excellent behaviour management skills
- Be able to build positive relationships with young people and staff
- Team Teach or similar restraint training certificate
- Good methods and approaches to successfully work with young people with SEMH within a PRU environment
- Be able to work well as a team
- To be a successful Special Needs Teacher you must have a big personality!
- A valid DBS (on update service)
Do not forget TLTP’s Refer and Earn scheme. For every Special Needs Teacher or Special Needs Teaching Assistant you recommend that we place and meets our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.