Special Needs Teacher
London Teaching Pool are currently recruiting for a Special Needs Teacher to teach English at KS3 and 4 in this Special Needs, PRU in Eltham, SE9. This role will be to start ASAP as this PRU (Pupil Referral Unit) need a Special Needs Teacher to teach English until the end of the academic year; and if all goes well the Special Needs Teacher will become permanent if it is the right fit for the school!
This Pupil Referral Unit caters for students that have arrived with a statement of SEN or Education Care Plan. This outlines the reasoning for their challenging behaviours and social, emotional mental health (SEMH). There are 3 sites across Eltham to provide the correct support for a wide range of young people who have struggled in mainstream schools.
The role will be to teach English KS3/4 to students with challenging behaviours, SEBD and SEMH. You will have additional support within the classroom as on average there are 2 Special Needs Teaching Assistants with you at all times. You must have taught the English GCSE curriculum including AQA – this can be within a Special Needs school, PRU or mainstream secondary school.
To be a successful Special Needs Teacher at this PRU you must have excellent behaviour/class management skills, different approaches/methods teaching children/young people with SEMH or have relevant experience as an SEN Teacher working with SEMH pupils.
- The successful Special Needs Teacher must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or QTLS
- Be able to teach English to GCSE (KS4) as a Special Needs Teacher
- To be a successful Special Needs Teacher in this SEMH School you must have excellent behaviour management skills
- Be able to build positive relationships with young people and staff
- Team Teach or similar restraint training certificate
- Good methods and approaches to successfully work with young people with SEMH within a PRU environment
- Be able to work well as a team
- To be a successful Special Needs Teacher you must have a big personality!
- A valid DBS (on update service)
Apply for this Special Needs Teacher position ASAP as the PRU are looking to employ a Special Needs Teacher after the Easter Half Term. Please call Daniel on 0208 709 6540 for more information about this Special Needs Teacher position.