Special Needs Teacher
London Teaching Pool are currently recruiting for a Special Needs Teacher to work with KS2 children in this Special Needs, SEMH (social, emotional mental health) school in Southborough – TN4. This Special Needs Teacher should be able to start after the May half term.
The role of the successful Special Needs Teacher will be to teach the UK Primary National Curriculum to SEMH children who have been struggling in a mainstream environment due to their SEMH or challenging behaviours. There are only 6-8 students in the class and you will have additional support workers within the classroom. You must have taught the KS2 curriculum – this can be either a Special Needs school or mainstream primary school.
This Special Needs School provides education and care for; up to 90 students, residential and day students, girls and boys aged 7-19, young people who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH), young people who have a statement of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or who are in the process of their application.
To be a successful Special Needs Teacher at this SEN school you must have excellent behaviour/class management skills, knowledge of how to teach children/young people with SEMH or have relevant experience as an SEN Teacher working with SEMH pupils; preferably primary age.
- The successful Special Needs Teacher must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or QTLS
- As a Special Needs Teacher you must have impeccable behaviour management skills and offer alternative approaches with each individual student.
- Be able to build positive relationships with young people and staff
- Team Teach/MAPA certificate
- Be able to teach KS2 curriculum as a special needs teacher
- As a successful Special Needs Teacher you must be a team player
- To be a successful Special Needs Teacher you must have a big personality!
- A valid DBS (preferably on update service)
- The right to work in the UK
- A minimum of two references
Apply for this Special Needs Teacher position ASAP as interviews are taking place after the half term. For more information about this Special Needs Teacher position please call Daniel on 0208 709 6540.