Are you a Senior Leader within SEN?
Are you a Senior Leader within Further Education?
Are you a Senior Leader looking for a permanent role for September?
I am currently looking for a Senior Leader for an SEN Further Education College based in Bromley - PMLD/ SLD/ ASD. Perm role for September. 37hrs per week, pay scale 37 up to £38,786. Managing lecturers and staff across curriculum, accreditation and employability.
Senior Leader Job Summary
As a senior leader you will be responsible for:-
o Providing directed senior leadership support in relation to college development plans.
o Responsible for the planning, design, documentation and delivery of programmes of study for a designated group of students and/or specific courses.
o Leading and managing the tutorial team for a group of students with PMLD/Autism.
o Supporting the Leader of Learning for Employability and Accreditation as directed or to deputise in their absence.
o Develop further and coordinate a broad curriculum of accredited learning.
o Develop and coordinate employability and work related learning provision.
o Have oversight of specific education key performance indicators as appropriate to this role and as directed by the Head of College
Teacher's Pension Scheme
Life cover 3 x salary
Senior Leader Role Requirements
Som of the main duties include:-
1. To teach at a consistently high standard (Good to Outstanding) which is judged so through Observation of Learning and Teaching, audit of learning outcomes and moderation of professional planning ensuring that your own teaching reflects best practice.
2. To be responsible for the planning, design, documentation and delivery of programmes of study for a designated group of students and/or specific courses.
3. To secure effective arrangements for the teaching of the course through the efficient deployment and direction of members of the group team and the monitoring of their performance.
4. To monitor, assess, record and report on the progress of individual students in the form agreed by the College at regular intervals.
5. To ensure that new team members have appropriate induction and training plans.
6. To discharge all aspects of the requirements of a line manager in respect of members of your team including those of annual performance reviews, supervision meetings, support and guidance and the provision of advice about professional development.
7. To undertake a teaching commitment of approximately 40% (0.4) subject to specific organisational priorities.
8. To secure arrangements for the pastoral care of students who are group members by the tutorial team and through liaison with their parents/carers and other agencies in accordance with agreed College policies and procedures.
9. To ensure the full implementation of the College’s quality assurance policies and procedures.
10. To review and make recommendations to ensure that teaching and learning is supported through the use of up to date resources and teaching methodologies informed by current research and developments particularly in the areas relating to employability and accreditation
11. To develop a range of internal and external work placements and embed employability skills through the curriculum for all model groups.
If this could be of interest please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call 0208 709 6540 and ask for Jessica.