Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Band 6/ Band 7
Term Tme only
37.5hrs per week
Specialist Speech and Language Therapist required to join a multidisciplinary team working with adults with complex learning needs, autism and dysphagia.
We are seeking to recruit a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist to become part of our Speech & Language Therapy team.
The Speech & Language Therapy team is a small, dynamic team who work closely with the Education, Care and Nursing teams to provide further education for over 70 students, aged from 18 to 25 with a range of complex learning needs, physical disabilities and Autism.
What we are looking for:
- HCPC registered
- Member of RCSLT
- Postgraduate experience in dysphagia
- Experience of working with people with complex needs including autism
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary environment to meet communication and eating and drinking needs.
The Speech and Language Therapy team:
- Provide a high quality speech and language therapy service to our students and their families
- Work with the wider multidisciplinary team (MDT) within the college to meet students’ communication and eating and drinking needs.
- Are skilled at working with a range of alternative and augmentative communication systems.
- Play a key role in the provision students receive.
We can offer you:
- Excellent training opportunities and CPD
- Opportunities for involvement in service development
- Opportunity to specialise in dysphagia
- Family friendly working arrangements
- Childcare vouchers and access to an employee assistance service.
- A Pension scheme
- Clinical supervision:
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To represent the Speech and Language therapy team in meetings both within the therapy team as well as with the wider MDT (care and education teams).
• To work independently and autonomously as part of the Speech and Language Therapy team delivering a high quality service to students with highly specialist needs.
• To be responsible for undertaking SaLT assessments of new and existing students, devising, implementing, evaluating and reviewing treatment plans/programmes. To provide subsequent reports as required.
• To devise and deliver specialist programmes to enable students to access the curriculum and achieve their individual learning goals.
• To provide specialist assessment in the recommendation of appropriate communication systems. To liaise with other agencies in the trial and/or provision of Voice Output Communication Aids (VOCAs) for individual students, as appropriate.
• To select vocabulary, program and manage the maintenance of VOCAs used by individual students and to support and develop students’ functional use of communication systems within the College environment.
• To support the development of the assistive technology post to support the speech and language therapy team
• To facilitate and recommend the use of communication systems with students (e.g. signing, symbol books, VOCAs) in individual or class sessions with the students.If this could be of interest, please call 0208 709 6540 or email jessica.board@TLTPGroup.co.uk