1:1 Special Needs Teaching Assistant/ Student Support Assistant Needed
Special Needs College
19 – 25 year olds & 25+
Full time - Term Time Only
34.2 hrs per week
Term Time Only
We are looking for an experienced student support assistant to work with a young person with special educational needs.
It is important that you have had experience of supporting a learner on a one-to-one basis before.
Our student is 21 years of age and she is in her 2nd year of her 3 year course at College.
She is a very sociable young lady and needs to build a good relationship with her one to one support.
She enjoys helping others and likes to take part in tasks that have a sense of purpose.
She will benefit from your knowledgeable support at times of anxiety when her behaviours may become more challenging.
She needs a strong advocate who will ensure that her schedule, interventions and many resources are fully implemented.
She has several communication strategies but ultimately would benefit from building a relationship based on ,trust, consistency and appropriate humour.
• The primary function of the post is to support 1:1 a student to learn and develop new skills, at all times and during all activities. You will be expected to understand the learning outcome for the students, to contribute to target setting and recording of achievement.
• Reporting to a Lecturer and Assistant Lecturer; this job involves supporting and enabling students to learn, meeting their needs and securing their physical well-being, as well as assisting with teaching and learning activities across the College. To be involved in personal physical care including moving and handling and work to health and safety guidelines, ensuring the provision which is safe and clean.
• You will be expected to act in the role of Learning and Living Champion for named students where you will take particularly responsibility for their care, well-being and learning opportunities. You will champion their needs and wishes and ensure that these are communicated to relevant members of the multi-disciplinary team.
• To enable students to learn by; understanding their learning goals and targets; enable them to practice and learn new skills and challenge them to be as independent as possible
• To be involved in the provision of all aspects of support necessary that will ensure the students well-being and ability to function and engage in learning and living activities.
• To provide the highest standards of holistic care and attention for the students by understanding the guidelines and advice provided by the multidisciplinary team and the individuals own preferences and wishes.
• To assist with washing, dressing, toileting and personal hygiene as per the care plan and in a manner which will promote choice, independence and learning?
• To assist in the provision of a safe and stimulating environment and activities for students which will challenge and enable them to learn and practice their skills.
• To understand and fully implement Safeguarding policies and procedures.
Didn't find the right job for you?
Want us to call you ?
All call backs from this service are free of charge to both landlines and mobiles
Leave your contact details and we’ll give you a call back