One of our main clients has the single aim of providing opportunities for people with very severe learning disabilities to lead meaningful lives as they transition from childhood to young adulthood.
The Business Development Manager is a member of the senior leadership team and
Is the nominated deputy during the absence of the Principal. The post-holder is responsible for the smooth running of the organisation as an effective business and charity as part of the leadership group, ensuring the provision of successful, progressive and continually improving education and training services to young people with learning disabilities.
1. To reflect the vision, mission and aims of the organisation at all times, most importantly, ensuring that our learner voice is central to decision-making at any level.
2. To deputise for the Principal when required, and to be part of a Duty Management team for operational management of the organisation.
3. To work effectively as part of the leadership team to develop an outstanding provision in each area of work.
4. Provide strategic and operational leadership for the administrative functions of the organisation.
5. Proactively assist the Principal in securing new and diverse income streams, including carrying out market research, cost and risk analyses.
6. Prepare timely and accurate information and reports for the Principal,
Governors and external auditors regarding the college’s financial and human
7. Provide strategic leadership and management for own business areas and teams.
1. Develop appropriate financial planning systems to ensure that the organisation
has robust financial information to underpin strategic planning and decisionmaking.
2. Support delegated budget holders to ensure effective budget management.
3. Maintain the organisation’s ledgers and payroll in compliance with external
4. Provide advice and guidance to the senior leadership team on the cost effectiveness of current and proposed business products and delivery methods.
5. Act as account manager for the organisation’s regular contractors and subcontractors
to maintain effective relationships.
6. Manage all aspects of the employee lifecycle, to ensure full compliance with UK
employment law throughout all processes, including starting and finishing work,
absence management and great performance.
1. Demonstrate outstanding organisational skills, with the capacity to design and
implement effective information management and recording systems.
2. Effectively manage performance and appraisal of staff within own business
areas, including taking prompt and decisive action regarding underperformance
in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
3. Participate in the recruitment and selection of new staff, with regard to safer
recruitment practices and the organisation’s current needs.
4. To be proactive in the continuous improvement of your own professional
practice, identifying own training needs and ways in which these can be
5. Identify financial, safeguarding, data protection, equality, health and safety or
other risks to the organisation as well as within own business area and take
positive action to manage these risks effectively.
6. Have regard at all times to the principles of Equality and Diversity,
Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults and maintaining the safety and
health of yourself and others, as well as all other policies and procedures which
guide the operational delivery of the organisation’s core business activities.
7. Carry out any other such duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
Don’t forget TLTP’s Refer and Earn scheme. For every person you recommend that we place and meets our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus of £130 (subject to statutory deductions).
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.
Didn't find the right job for you?
Want us to call you ?
All call backs from this service are free of charge to both landlines and mobiles
Leave your contact details and we’ll give you a call back